Bridge

A lady was applying for a position as a housekeeper and when asked why she left her last employment, she replied, "Yes, they paid good wages, but it was the most ridiculous place I ever worked. They played a game called "Bridge" and last night there were a lot of folks there.

As I was about to serve refreshments, I heard a man say, "Lay down and let's see what you've got". Then another man said, I've got strength but no length". Then another man said to a lady, "Take your hand off my trick".

I pretty near dropped dead. Just then, the lady answered "You forced me; you jumped me twice when you didn't have the strength for one raise".

"Another woman was talking about protecting her honor. Well, I got my hat and coat as I was leaving I hope to die...if one of them didn't say "I guess I'll go home now; this is the last rubber". Then I fainted out cold!